cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channel 4 issue

Ukm
Joining in

When trying to watch Channel 4 HD picture keeps disappearing sound stays on amd if i wait for few minutes picture comes back. This only happens when I am trying to watch live. If I click watch from the start it seems to be fine. Tried to change resolution etc but didn't fix the issue. Hope you can help 

8 REPLIES 8

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ukm,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with Channel 4.

To confirm, do you have any issues on other channels?

Have you been able to try a different HDMI port on your Tv?

^Martin

Wilks
On our wavelength

I'm having the same issue. It's been like it for over a week and only happens on channel 4. I've unplugged the box, done a factory reset but still have the same problem. All channel 4 programmes are unwatchable.

Any other suggestions? 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Wilks 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to our Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your TV service. To clarify, is it just Channel 4 where you're experiencing issues? Are you able to try using a different HDMI cable, or port on your TV?

Do you see anything at all on the screen when the picture stops working?

Thanks

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Gavvy
Joining in

I have same issue- only on Ch4, the screen goes grey and sound cuts out then the picture comes back, tried a different HDMI and its only ch4.  Its currently unwatchable

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Gavvy 👋

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing similar issues. We've raised this directly with our TV and Networks Team, who are currently investigating this issue.

Once we have any updates, we'll let you know.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Wilks
On our wavelength

I'm still having the same issue 2 weeks later. I've tried everything including a different lead, HDMI port, rebooting the box. The problem is only on channel 4 and the screen goes grey intermittently. As others are posting on here with the same problem I'm sure it's a VM issue at your end.

Is there any update from your technical team?

Thankyou.

CraigHughes
Just joined

I am experiencing the same issue. When watching Channel 4 HD, the picture appears for a few seconds, then goes grey. The sound continues. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi CraigHughes,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced, are you still experiencing issues with that certain channel?

Also are other channels affected?

Regards,

Kain