cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add subscriptions

MJ1985
Joining in

Hi I've just got the stream box today. My box has been activated. I've tried adding subscriptions but I won't let me on my account or on the stream box. Seriously considering sending this back. 

81 REPLIES 81

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MJ1985 

It might take a day or two for the systems to be fully updated before you can add extra content.

Have you just tried to add a subcription via the Stream box,  or have you also tried try to log into My Virgin Media and selected “Manage my Stream”?

Any error messages showing on screen on the stream set top box, or within My Virgin Media?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes, I have tried adding subscriptions on the stream box and by logging in to my account. It would have been nice if customer service had given me a heads up on the fact it can take a few days. I've spoken to 2 people today and the first told me it would be sorted in an hour the second guy told me this is an issue a lot of people are reporting and he would escalate it to the IT support team. Thanks for your reply though. Hopefully I can get it working soon. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @MJ1985 

In normal circumstances it should be possible once it's been activated.

Reading the forums there have been a few other people with issues trying to add packages to the Stream box. I'm not sure if this is due to it being a new system and teething issues, or boxes being activated earlier than expected.

A member of the Forum Team may be able to pick this up for yuo and check it out, although itt may be a day or two with it being the weekend.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I've had the same problems for over a week now, this was after having problems activating the box in the first place. No sign of any help or fixes yet....?

Hi MJ1985,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry to hear you are unable also unable to add subscriptions, can you also confirm what is it you are trying to add and what error are you getting?

Regards

Paul.

I'm trying to adds the Kids pack but no look online or via the TV. 

Online I try and add and the screen goers back to no subs again.

On the TV, I get an error screen with a QR code. 

I have just installed my box. After phoning to get it activated I also can’t add any packs with the same error. Any updates?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @mark_84,

Thank you for this update, I am unable to see why this would happen.

Can you please tell me if you have tried again since Tuesday to do this? If so do you still get a QR code?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

mark_84
On our wavelength

I replied on another thread. I contacted technical support via WhatsApp and they managed to do something which sorted it. They thought the box hadn’t been activated although it had. After they did it I got emails and text messages saying stream was ready and activated which I didn’t get previously?