cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add subscription apps (Sky Sports / Cinema)

ollie296
Tuning in

Seems like lots of others are having the same "there's been a technical glitch" pop-up and difficulty adding the subscriptions online too.

From reading, it seems like someone needs to reactivate my account so that I receive emails saying the stream box is ready.

Can someone from VM help?

11 REPLIES 11

JezS1
Tuning in

I am having this issue too.

Called customer services twice now and it seems no one knows anything about their new Stream tv services, and have never heard of the Upgrade app. I keep getting told that someone will look into it and that I’ll hear back from them, but never do! Or that an engineer will fix in the background and to keep trying the app!

It’s super annoying as I was persuaded by the Virgin sales guy to get this package over their tv360 and they claimed I would be able to self manage services like sky sports or movies… that was the appeal, the promise… but it’s not the reality atm.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ollie296

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your stream box at this time. I can see that you have been in contact with us regarding this issue. 

Do you see any error codes at all when trying to download? You can find all the stream error codes, their meaning and any troubleshooting steps here if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

This screen shot is what I see9BAFD0E9-E73B-4EFB-B91A-C9767F3E7D8D.jpeg

Hi ollie296,

Thank you for reaching back out, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see you have a technician booked, please let us know how it goes.

Regards

Paul.

The technician cannot help. This is a software issue.

Is anyone ever going to fix this? Virgin Media are a joke - if you are reading this I'd go buy Sky

Still no solution here?

Nothing my side. They are sending me a new stream box and ignoring the website not working … couldn’t get a rational explanation on why. The guy on the phone basically said we just have to start with the box, rule that out, then try something else. Of course by that time I’ll be speaking to someone new and have to go through it all again. 

Update: I’ve bought a sky stream puck. It arrived next day, includes sky sports ultra HD and was set up in under 5 minutes. Yes it’s a little more expensive but at least the bloody things works. Virgin media have been totally and utterly useless. If you need a stream box get the Sky one, you will be much happier and won’t regret it. It works with any broadband provider.

thanks Virgin!!