cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS2511 - Overlap On Tour

JElliott44
On our wavelength

Hello,

I am trying to watch The Overlap On Tour via catchup on the stream box, however I get the following error when trying to play any of the episodes ‘Playback not possible’ with the CS2511 error code.

I do have the sky sports subscription so it should allow me to play the episodes. It allows me to put my PIN in and then comes up with the error. I have tried to watch other content on catch up including sky sports content and that is playing correctly, I’ve also tried other content that requires a PIN and that works too, so seems to be an issue with this show in particular… I have also tried to watch on the Virgin tv go app on mobile and I get an error also. 

Any help would be appreciated

15 REPLIES 15

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi JElliott44 

There are four episodes on The Overlap On Tour available  to watch via the Sky Max channel under Catch Up.  I've tested all four episodes on my 360 and they all played OK . (Only episodes 3 and 4 were available via the Sky Replay channel option)

I must admit it was a PITA waiting for the adverts to finish before each episode began.🤣

Is it any particular episode  that won't play for you and gives error CS2511, or is it all episodes?

Have you used the /check-services/i  function to see if it's a known issue?  You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.  Sometimes this will send a signal to your box and save you having to call 150 and speak to the faults team****

If you ever have a problem and nothing is showing under Check Services   you should also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

The following Stream error page can sometimes help you solve any issues <<< here >>>  (although it doesn't help in this particular case)

**** If you do ever need to speak to faults then call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults)  Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey JElliott44, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear about this.

Please can you try any other catch up shows on SKy for me and let me know if they work or not please? 

If what you mentioned refers to Skyy already that's fine.

I know sometimes Sky doesn't let you catch up on certain shows, I know the above has mentioned it works.

Please let me know. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and help, I’m trying to play the episodes on catch-up via the sky sports Channel, unfortunately I can’t try using sky max or other channels as I don’t have a subscription to those, but it is all episodes that throw up the same error.

Once I’m home I’ll check the services page you linked to see if there’s any faults/run an equipment test.

Thank you

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for your reply, I can confirm that other sky shows do work when using catchup, only show I’ve had an issue with is The Overlap.

Thanks

Thank you for this.

Please can you delete the app and reinstall it for me please.

I would also refresh the box from turning it on / off if possible. 

Please do let me know if that fixes the issues. Cheers

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hello Matthew,

I’ve tried the above and unfortunately the issue still exists, still get the same error

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which episode are you trying to view, that you think is categorised as Sky Sports, as opposed to Sky Max?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello,

All available episodes that are currently showing under sky sports football catch-up (1,2 and 3 I believe) but they all bring up the error when viewing. I’m aware if I had sky max I could also choose to watch via that, but unfortunately I don’t have sky max so that’s not an option.

Okay if its just this show it could pin point to this as being an issue. 

When does the next episode come out?

Also is it defiantly available on this catch up? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?