cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Stream Box Users Out there? Is it worth getting?

kasit
Joining in

I currently have a not very smart TV, and a dog slow Humax box, which leads to multi remotes and a not good experience. The Stream box looks like a good option as it's the only streamer available that also does live TV, but info is thin on the ground. So...

- Is it fast enough? I passionately hate slow TV boxes, the ones where it takes forever to do anything because it's not quick enough to keep up with button presses.

- Does the live TV actually work like terrestial, or is it glitchy with reboots, buffering Etc? I have 150Mb broadband.

- Would you recommend it/any downsides? The only thing it doesn't seem to have is NOW TV but I can live with having a separate remote for that.

Thanks 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Stream also does live TV, & the two are quite similar.

The advantage currently with Sky over VMs product is that you can have more than one box per household, & it can be used on any broadband provider with a fast enough connection (including VM).

If your VM Broadband is stable enough Stream should work well, but I will leave the Stream users on the board to respond to that.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I think you are misinformed about Stream in that it has apps mainly for stored content (see Stream's apps), so you'll still need Humax (or a faster one) for live TV. I think you should have a look at other streaming devices such as Roku and Fire TV Stick 4K, and if one is suitable then see if there is a cheaper ISP than VM.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection