Menu
Vsridhar
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

wireless Hub needed please send one.

Screenshot_20210423-200330_Firefox.jpg

Just today evening got the Hub.

Excellent speeds at all times for my M350 Broadband only package.

Never crossed 20MBPS in my both rooms.

If there is any wireless Hub available please send one instead of this wired n plugged for juice to the wall.

That wireless hub I can hang on my neck and walk around in the flat easy to get signal.

Other option I called all my friend whether they know any Contractor to rip off all walls in my 2 bed room flat including kitchen so that we will get good speeds from great virgin. Please suggest any if you know.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Re: wireless Hub needed please send one.

So you need to use modem mode with a better wireless router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Vsridhar
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

• No speed in any rooms except if you sit infrontbof the hub. Thats not the intended use of the wifi hub. It should cover a small double bedroom easyly. Not asking to cover 3 floors n 5 bed rooms....

Not good hub. Cancelling the contract.

Going for 3s 5G hub.

200mbps but 24 a month! Better.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon @Vsridhar

Welcome to our family and welcome to our Community; thanks so much for your first post; I was sorry to understand that you seem to be having some issues with the WiFi range on your new Hub?

After locating your account, I can see that you have our Hub4 which is our newest hub available and you shouldn't be having these issues with this hub and the speed you subscribe to - however, WiFi is not guaranteed due to the nature of the beast. Wall thickness, room size, household appliances, other wireless devices in the home, signals from other wireless networks local to you, wall insulation etc can all impact WiFi speed and signal. 

I can see that your hub was only recently installed and was rebooted around 3 days ago - the signal levels are looking to be where we would expect for your equipment and speed you subscribe to. We have no errors showing and no known area issues. 

You currently have 2 devices connected over WiFi - how's things been looking since your post last week? 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

They will likely be cancelling but you could send them a new hub their hub wifi might be faulty like all the hub do.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Vsridhar
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

The speed for connceted 2 devices. And using 1 phone. Latest Note 20 Ultra, I mean no bottlenecks!

The speed is really bad even for M100, when checking with any Online Net speed test. 

No courtecy call from any if the team.

Now have to wait for 2 hours in ljne to talk anything to Virgin!

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon @Vsridhar

Thanks for coming back to us and sorry to hear this issue is still ongoing, however after taking another look at your account, everything still does look okay and there are no faults or outages that could be affecting your speeds. 

Did a reboot or pin hole reset increase your speeds at all? 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Vsridhar
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Speed next to Hub is as promised. But 10 Feet away in Room signal drops to 1/10th of the Hubs!!!

Thats any time. Mid night early in the morning... or full peak time..

It shouldbt be like that..

And hub also not Loaded with many devices as explained before. 

Just using with 1, thats this mobile...

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying back to us and can understand this is not the best outcome. 

May sound very silly, but just want to double check with you, are all the wires in correctly with no loose connections? Is your hub also in a happy place without anything blocking the signal as it could be that may be interfering. 

It is best to keep monitoring this as well, as we do just want to see when the speeds drop and how long for. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Vsridhar
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

And forgot to mention the walls...

We communicate with a knock on the walls which are very good audible in all the flat.

Means very thin Dry walls.

No insulation

Screenshot_20210423-235513_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210423-200440_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20210423-200330_Firefox.jpg

0 Kudos