Menu
gchestcam
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

wifi speed lost connections

I have tried the suggestions on virgin media but download and upload speeds are roughly between 9 - 13 MBPS when my package assures me I am on 200mbps !!!! Our laptops regularly lose connection which is very difficult as we are working from home using zoom and google meet (both teachers) and my daughter loses her university live lectures. I have to constantly reboot the hub to regain connection. It is very hard when we lose connection when teaching classes online.

we are considering leaving virgin broadband because of this. I have called and just get automated advice to switch off for 20 seconds etc - have done all this and no change !!!

do we need a new hub or is that it we just have to pay for a service that is not working for us unless we change to another supplier

thanks for any help

Gaynor

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi speed lost connections

What speeds do you get at >>  SamKnows << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Then immediately after …

Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A bit more information is required, please post the following ...

Please do this before posting the Hub Data

If possible can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Please post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Live Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then Advanced Settings > Tools > Network Status.

Please do not use screen shots.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again.

Use one post for each tab if you wish.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

0 Kudos
gchestcam
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Links aren't working - you are linking to somewhere inside your Hub.

Can you copy and paste it please.

0 Kudos