Menu
Mundo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

wifi dead spot - booster ?

I have a couple of smart plugs that keep losing connection due to a wifi dead spot. I have tried using the virginmedia connect app but it keeps asking me to switch on data which I do, but it still keeps asking me to do it, and the action cannot be completed. How do I go about ordering a booster as I am unable to contact virginmedia through the website. If I move my smart plugs nearer the hub they work fine

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi dead spot - booster ?

Boosters are little more than toys and are not worth the £3/month they will be charging you (if you dont have a Hub4 that is). There are far better solutions to improving your wifi for the same amount as the rental fee.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Mundo
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, just noticed the fee, so ordered a tplink booster to see if it works for just over a tenner it's not too bad if it works

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A tenner !... dont hold your breath 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos