cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vm and hot weather

Treble1
Fibre optic

Can vm not handle the heat last year same scenario it went down and as of midday yesterday no bb again and still down roll on winter 😉wn7 area 

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The heat ( or cold) affects the resistance of the cables, so can throw the signal strength out of spec.  I believe some VM cabinets were painted white to reflect the heat?   

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mda99das
Up to speed

heat increases resistance of copper 

roy247
Superstar

Had this problem every day where everything went off around the same time, according to the oracle (wife) in 2018, always assumed it was the street cabinet overheating and since then it's been ok, possible fan replacement / upgrade in the cabinet, it was a very hot summer and was around 2 pm.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Treble1,

Thanks for your post, I'm sorry to hear you've been having some trouble with your broadband service.

Yes, sometimes the cabinets can get very hot due to extreme weather and this can interfere with the cables/connection.

I've checked this end and can see that your connection has been stable since Monday which is good to see. If you have any further issues, just let us know 😊

Thanks!

Beth