Menu
Billy5
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

vivid 100 speed

have been noticed over last few days that broadband speed is really slow vivid 100 and not getting any where near speed of around 87.7Mbps and 95.2Mbps,best i get is 50mbps if lucky i have tried wirless connection tried hard wired used both cat 5 cable and cat 6 router 2ghz and 5 ghz is out in open nothing obstructing signal ,any one got any advised ,thye used to give you a free powerline adapater but think this is only free now fro full house bundle.thanks in adavnce billy.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: vivid 100 speed

If you think that you have a BB speed problem, then to check the speeds coming in to your Hub properly, and whether they match what you should be getting, you cannot rely on wifi tests, you need to do it this way first.

Make sure your device has a gigabit network card (even for Vivid 100 - as a 10/100 one will not get near 100mbps) and has the up to date drivers. Use a new Cat5e/6a ethernet cable (old ones do "go off") to connect it directly to the Hub - which you have put into modem mode (to ensure only your device is connected). Check speeds like that first - if they are still low - then, boot up your device into "safe mode with networking" (to disable any software on it that could be limiting speeds). Run the tests at speedtest.net (try on x2 VM servers) on 2 different browsers one of which is a fresh download of one you haven’t previously used (e.g. Firefox, Opera, Safari etc - there are several reports on here of certain browsers causing speed issues).

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Billy5
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Jbrennand will check out later cat 5 and 6 new cables ,will try as well on puffin Browser.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cat6 is best.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Although technically true that Cat-6 is better than Cat-5 (or more specifically Cat-5e which has been around since the early 2000's. they are both rated for gigabit speed up to 100m in length which is more than adequate. Cat-6 is rated at up to 10 Gb/s for distances up to about 50m and Cat-6e is similar but up to 100m.

0 Kudos
sianderson
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i am on Vivid 100 and i guess it all depends on what area you are in and what devices you use however i consistently get 100mb+ from ours over cable and wifi, be aware that the 2.4ghz signal most of the time will give you around 40 - 50mb, where as the 5ghz signal will unlock the higher speeds so make sure you always use 5ghz if you can (screen shot was taken from an Iphone XS on the 5ghz signal on a SH3) but i also use the older SH2 ac and i get the exact same speeds

Img_8739.png

0 Kudos