Menu
robocog2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

- very very broken - and impossible to contact

HI, it seems Virgin is getting more broken by the day
been with them for at least 20 years  (C&W/telewest/NTL/blueyonder and now Virgin - may have missed a few and got the chronological order out of sync...but meh)

19 years of "it  works just fine" and no dramas - apart from a major data leakage that never got acknowledged

last year's uptimes/stability was absolute garbage
I let the first few outages slide - because yea I get it - the country was all working from home/home schooling
maybe it was because of lockdowns -  I had acces to the internet at home during the day - when I would ordinarily be working and now notice - it is not always on, and cannot be relied upon

Virgin giving middle finger when raising subsequent complaints has made me move to another provider

Trying to get hold of someone/anyone to relay this has proved impossible
the text system is VERY broken and is not fit for purpose and took days to get any acknowledgement - then more days till I was told I could not leave till after the new (and unwanted contract) starts - they obviously had no clue as to contract start and end dates - as mine ran out in November last year...if not decades ago

then told I would be contacted....nothing for the last week

150 just gives busy tone - or wait 45 mins get cutoff before I can speak to someone
Or wait 45/50 mins, get through to someone - and then get cut off
call new connections gets answered in 5 rings, - get put on hold when I state I need to stop the account...for 45 mins, then get cut off
Rang new connections, confirmed it was being recorded - so gave my account details, password, address and all details stating we would no longer be using Virgin as of 1st Feb....didn't hear back in writing/email smoke signals nor on any HF frequencies I have been monitoring

I have stopped the direct debit - hoping that someone would contact me so I could settle the final bill and make my exit
new provider starts Monday the 1st Feb

I have replied to the "your price is going up" email - explaining that we are leaving Virgin 1st Feb...and not interested in continuing as of then
it seems it has taken that reply as an acknowledgment of agreement - which is set to start 4th Feb....err nope

Had enough, fed up
reported to the CEDR a while back - they are awaiting a reply from Virgin

I used to have an account on here - but it doesn't seem to accept the password and refuses to send the stuff from hitting the forgot details button- so have had to create a new account for this "so long and thanks for all the fish" message...
I have felt like I have been screaming into the abyss trying to contact Virgin and this is my absolute last ditch attempt at raising a human who can deal with this as it has become an automated dystopian nightmare

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: - very very broken - and impossible to contact

DO NOT cancel your direct debit. The only response will be to put a debt chaser onto you.

You can cancel the contract by writing to their office at the address in your contract. Use recorded delivery to be sure.

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

You've obviously made your mind up on leaving - but I wouldn't cancel the direct debit, it'll only harm you in the long run.  No one has contacted you about that yet because they won't know until they try to take any monies owed, when that fails, they will simply put a non-payment mark on your credit file and it will escalate from there. 

As you have made your decision you should send your 30-day notice in writing to 

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support,

Diamond Plaza,

Daleside Road,

Nottingham,

Nottinghamshire,

NG2 3GG

You might also want to consider alternative arrangements for paying your bill - I suspect that you will need to contact them by phone for this (best time is 08:00 mon-sat or 09:00 on a Sunday) to ensure that you don't adversely impact your credit rating (something that will stay on the record for six years.. it's simply not worth it :p)

0 Kudos
robocog2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Replies so far proving that my decision to leave is sound
A communications provider that you cannot email/phone/message/ or text  and users have to resort to snail mail and use recorded delivery!??
Really?
I rang countless times to be cut off - or just get the unavailable tone
I have left a voice message
I have emailed stating the same
I have texted the same (and verified my details twice... to be told I am being transferred then nothing...)

Any company threatening bad credit ...because they have made themselves impossible to contact to find out/make final payment ...when out of contract (last proper one ended in November)...yea, I not sure how that is going to work...guess I will find out

The attempted kick in the face of a threat of bad credit is no threat to someone who does not use credit of any kind....but nice try and a sweet ending to a 20 odd year relationship

0 Kudos
robocog2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

And the bill is in credit - so it is not that I am trying to wriggle out of paying for a shoddy service with no one able to help

I just want to leave Feb1st and NEVER have to deal with this joke of a company ever again

(and I want due credits to be put back into my bank account and it in writing that we are done by 1st Feb...otherwise I will give you a bad credit rating...JK)

pathetic relying on users for support and that being the only way for it..absolute joke
no one from this company available?

payment and credit.png

0 Kudos
alanbates335
Tuning in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Wow

After the third time of trying I've just managed to get through on the 1111 number to cancel my account. First time their systems were down but it took someone 30 minutes to pick up the phone and tell me. The second time I was kept on hold for 1hour 40minutes before I gave up and rang off. This time took an hour to get through but finally got the job done 10 minutes later.

just wow!

carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@alanbates335 wrote:

Wow

After the third time of trying I've just managed to get through on the 1111 number to cancel my account. First time their systems were down but it took someone 30 minutes to pick up the phone and tell me. The second time I was kept on hold for 1hour 40minutes before I gave up and rang off. This time took an hour to get through but finally got the job done 10 minutes later.

just wow!

So you've proved to the OP that VM are not 'Impossible to contact'.

0 Kudos
robocog2
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Crikey , never had to deal with such a company that really doesn't know its arse from its elbow as much as this shower
Rang the payment line, got through to human eventually
queried the credit and why it was screaming at me to pay (which I have) only to show I didn't need to
Lady didn't know why (there is a surprise)
She put me through to another team that could deal with this.. - not one that is actually open , just another robot voice telling me to call back during opening hours
(not a clue what the opening hours are - as I do not know even /which/ department I was supposedly transferred to or what there hours are as the robot didn't say)

Pull you fingers out **bleep** and train your staff to only transfer calls to places that are ACTUALLY open - or at least give me a contact number for that department so I can try calling at random times hoping it gets answered

It's just one great game of "I dunno' , pass the buck, not our job, wrong department, we are closed
somebody take ownership of this godamn mess...what a shower

0 Kudos
robocog2
Tuning in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

ROFL...  2 1/2 hrs on the phone just trying to get through....
If you think this is even remotely acceptable then you are with the right provider

0 Kudos
robocog2
Tuning in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

carl_pearce
RE impossible to contact....

I can get through to new accounts within a couple of rings

My experience has been exactly that -
IMPOSSIBLE  to contact anyone willing to explain why there is no service, why my bill is showing in credit, yet screaming that I owe them, or to close the account and settle the final bill  (which is what I need to do) and get the refund owed

It would seem that one person has been lucky and managed to do it within 2 1/2 hrs of trying, some of us have not been so lucky and are left screaming into the void and forced to come and scream on a public forum because the company has made it policy to be as unconnected as possible - congrats to that lucky escapee that only wasted half a paying day trying to sort something that only takes 10 mins and should not have taken more than 5 mins to click through via a website that wasn't broken and full of "oops page does not exist" or endless loops with irrelevant info
Broken broken broken
Justify this awful broken experience as much as you like
having been a customer for so long and never having the need to call in / get support / visit the website / query the bill it has come as an absolute shock as to how broken it all is considering I used to work in IT and recommended the service to my customers - and now wonder how many cursed me if they tried to move away/switch

Contacting ref paying them or opening accounts...yes, those calls get answered quickly...aGREED.
None of those calls I made bore fruit, closest I got was being put on hold for 1/2hr and more then disconnected

0 Kudos