Menu
Kaldeep
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

unaccetably slow speed broadband

In the last two weeks, my broadband has been less than 10MB. I have to restart my router every day just to get online.I pay for the 100 GB service. Has some developer got his zeros mixed up on my account or are Virgin purposely stealing money from me by charging for 10G and providing only 10MB?

I think that a Vergin employee engineer or software developer is purposely interfering with my account. Virgin can trace the issue so why don't they take some action to fix it? 

Think its time for me to move to Sky.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: unaccetably slow speed broadband

I think you neee to revise your bill and determine what service your actually paying for, I believe your getting MB and GB mixed up.

No such services as 10GB or 100GB but if you have the 100MB service and only receiving 10MB have you called customwr service to complain.

Also Virgin have no control over limiting your speed apart from setting speed profiles which currently don't go as low as 10MB, its most likely a fault with the service that needs fixing.

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tinfoil conspiracies aside, what are your speeds wired direct to the hub 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
doug86
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Also, don't forget that if you're on a 100Mb package, that's 100 Megabits per second. If you are downloading a file, it will often tell you the speed in Megabytes per second.

8 bits = 1 byte

In the real world, 100 megabits per second equates to between 11 and 12 megabytes per second after overheads.