Menu
deejay2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

superslow broadband

It is quite obvious that VM lie about their broadband speeds. In fact I can say that since they increased mine from 50mbps to 100mbs it is even slower than it was before. I have had VB for over 5 years now and it was fmuch faster when i first got it than it is now. Also their customer service and sales team are far far worse and completely inept. An investigation should be made into their claims and also their advertising should be taken off air as they are not superfast and other suppliers that are considered to be much slower speeds are far faster than VB. I can be certain of this as it is not my laptop alone that recieves a slow service, my mobile is linked to my hub too and recieves pathetic slow speeds too. Complaining to virgin about this is a waste of time too as you get ignored.

jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: superslow broadband

I see you have not previously posted on here for help. There are many people willing to help if you would only ask.

Do you actually want support, or are you just having a good moan?

You could start by telling us which Hub you have and what speed you get with a wired connection to it. 

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

ISP's internet speeds are monitored by Ofcom, The results can be found on Ofcom's website.

These figures show that the vast majority of VM's 5 million customers receive headline speeds, so calling VM liars without any meaningful evidence and in contravention to the evidence provided by Ofcom can be seen as libellous.

Your internet speeds can be affected by many factors, like wireless interference, client capabilities, faulty cables, software, corrupted drivers, and many other factors outside VM's control. So, if you are going to slag VM off at least provide some constructive technical evidence.

It is no tall about the speed delivered to the Hub, which should be tested by a direct wired connection first to determine if the problem is VM's side or your side.

deejay2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I contacted VM about it by email and still have no recieved a reply. VM service is terrible. My area has had constant faults for over a year now and i am fed up hearing there are faults in my postcode and engerneers are working hard to fix it. This week alone my broadband has gone off 3 times for several hours. So even though i have had to put up with non stop faults and superslow broadband VM still are happy charging me the full amount for an inferior service

0 Kudos
deejay2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It can not be libellous when the facts are that my broadband is superslow and clearly even slower since it was increased to 100mbps from when it was 50mbps. Also as for your reference to ofcom, maybe after seeing the amount of people online that also consider VM broadband far slower than they claim, maybe they shoud all contact ofcom stating that VM TV advertising is a false claim of their speeds.

So lets see how your claims of being libellous stands up to my VM broadband being superslow and still VM charging the full amount for it as others who recieve a fast broadband and have not got constant faults week in week out

0 Kudos
deejay2
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

After seeking leagal advice I can assure that my words are not libellous, in fact as you say the majority of VM customers get high speeds that states that a minority do not. Yet VM still charge the full amount for those who recieveslow speeds and are in areas plagued with constant faults as i have for over a year. I do not see in VM's TV advertising them stating that most areas will recieve high speeds while some will recieve very slow speeds but we still charge them the full amount all the same. The facts in my case is that my 'superfast' broiadband has had nothing but faults in the area for over a year and has been extremely slow in that time. That since they increased it to 100mbps it is even slower than it was at 50mbps. The new update has slowed it down even more.  Yet all this time VM have charged me the full amount for a broadband that they know is much much slower that it should be. So no, it is not libellous saying they have lied to me, but it is fraud though, charging me the full amount for over a year when they know that i do not recieve anywhere near the speed they advertise. I ahve emailed them over a week ago and they have not replied so will take it further in other watchdog organizations that do care about customers rights

0 Kudos
deejay2
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have said to VM that my broadband was slow over a year ago, told their inept sales team trhat since it was increased too 100mbps it is even slower than what it was, which was a waste of time, i emailed VM too and still not got a reply. Yet in the last week alone my broadband has gone off 3 times for several hours only to get told there is a fault in my area. A fault that has been constant for over a year with loss of service usually at midnight. So if VM do not give a damn why would anyone on this forum

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good morning deejay2, 

We do thank you for joining our community and posting to our forums - very sorry to understand that you seem to be having some issues with your broadband speeds at the moment. 

I see that you mention that you have been impacted by area issues and for that I do apologise - if a fault is longer than 24 hours, we will of course credit for any loss of services. 

In regard to your speed issues, we do need some more information from you in order for us and our Community to help you out. 

• You advise you are subscribed to 100 Mb - what speeds are you getting via a direct wired connection to one device? 
  • What Hub do you have currently? 
  • How many devices do you have connected? 

If you have our Hub 3, you can use our free Connect App to scan your home and check for any issues within your home - it can also see what may be needed to restore or help the speeds. 

Have you been along to our useful help section on our Community? We have some excellent pages and our Community members are there to help and assist you if you want it Smiley Happy 

This is a great place to start if you're having some speed issues: Speed Article

Feel free to pop back if you need any further help - it may also be worth posting some diagnostics from your Hub - our Community will be able to offer you some helpful hints and tips too. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

as above back up your posts with facts post wired speed tests

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labeled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

as to emails - you can send all you want - VM have no system to reply to customer emails - you need to post here - go to chat - ring or write to contact them 

Tony