Menu
jeffsolouk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

superhub 2

Over the last few months, I've noticed my wifi speed deteriorating rapidly.  I've rebooted more times than I can remember, and even done the factory reset several times too.  After I reboot/reset, my speed seems fine again, but within 10-15 minutes it slows down rapidly, and sometimes it goes completely.
In the last 2 weeks, the hub's stopped working altogether a few times.  After leaving the power off for 20 minutes, it seemed to reboot, but stopped halfway through the process.  On Saturday, it took me over an hour to get it going again - but my wifi speed is woefully slow. 
I've had my superhub 2 for almost 5 years, and would like an upgrade, but I DO NOT want to go through the laborious process of trying to explain all this to customer services!
According to many people I've spoken to, Virgin should provide me with the latest router to ensure the broadband package I'm paying for is good value.  How do I get a new router to replace the old one?

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: superhub 2

This link works for some people. Alternatively wait  around here for a few days and the forum staff can arrange a new one to be sent out.

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

At the moment there appear to be logistical difficulties, with the supply chain and delivery of VM's hubs, and (as a short term measure) hubs will only be replaced if they are faulty.  Regarding "According to many people I've spoken to, Virgin should provide me with the latest router to ensure the broadband package I'm paying for is good value.", I'm afraid many people are wrong.  VM's obligation is to provide you with suitable "customer premises equipment" of their choice, changing it as and when they see fit unless bust.  If it's bust, then they certainly are required to change both under consumer law and the terms of your contract.

Your problem may be the hub, it is equally possible that there's a power or noise fault on the line.  Connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jeffsolouk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andruser,

Thanks for your reply.  I've screenshot the pages you requested from the "Router Status" links.  Hope this is helpful.

I've omitted my isp - for obvious reasons!

Cheers,

router downstream.JPGrouter upstream.JPGrouter net log.JPGJeff

0 Kudos
jeffsolouk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks . . . the link works, and they're sending me out Superhub 3 in a few days time.

Cheers!

0 Kudos