Menu
fxv300
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

still stuck with a horrible hub 2

oh dear , another 6 months and not been offered any help from VM. This is really frustrating. Have VM not got rid off all the hub 3 routers by now ?  Desperately in need of a decent router (no not HUB 3), HUB 4 has been available since last year but still no sign of anything. I have contacted VM support many times and it is embarrassing (reboot your router), no help whatsoever.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: still stuck with a horrible hub 2

The Hub4 is no better than the Hub3.

Use Modem Mode with your own router. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
fxv300
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

yes I have pondered about that, anything you recommend?

Still this is a VM issue, not sure why they insist on using routers with the dreaded PUMA chipset. I heard many comments re HUB4 issues. VM Trying to get the cheapest solution and do not give a to$$ about their paying customers.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello

To further add the Hub 4 (still puma chipset) is only available to customer who have upgraded to the 1gbps service for all other speeds the Hub 3 is the latest.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Well it's a Liberty Global issues really - they issue similiar kit elsewhere as well.

As for recomendations - depends on budget, house size, coverage required etc.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
rmboss
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Its a way to go round it. I just did. I did upgrade to 1gig and then after few days I decided to downgrade to M350 and they let me - and Im sure they will let others - keep the hub 4.

And in my expierence so far its much more better device then hub 3, better range for sure and no issues so far. I only have the hub 4 couple of days  but in that time the hub 3 will already cause me problems.

Thanks

0 Kudos
fxv300
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I had a look on amazon at some routers (between £100-£200), most have about 15-20% 1-2 star rating with problems.....I'm talking about Netgear, Asus, TP-Link so I'm a bit weary at spending such money for something just as unreliable. What we really need is a DOCSIS 3.1 , have been looking at the Netgear Nighthawk wireless router black Black Dual-Band anyone comment on this device?
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

If you want to go in with a budget one - see this £40 offer, that has good reviews (see first couple on Amazon) and here.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Superhub-3-Issues-resolved/td-p/4251813/pag...

From Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tenda-AC10U-1200Mbps-Dual-band-Power-saving/dp/B07C7Y9G96/?th=1

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Get mesh setup with a switch if needed.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZyXEL-WSR30-EU0201F-MULTY-AC2100-TRI-BAND/dp/B07M92TT95/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1...

---------------------------------------------------------------
fxv300
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Comments on Amazon does not fill me with any desire to get one. Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos