Menu
46TM
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

speed

M broadband speed appears low I have raised a complaint and advised to contact the technical guys. I did and was told that I should achieve a speed of about 500. For the past few months I have only seen close to 100 at the router. Do I need to raise the problem with the regulator ?

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: speed

Just be aware that if you open a complaint with the likes of CISAS, Virgin will no longer have any contact with you until the final outcome of the complaint.

This is a community forum and we help with internet problems and then a Virgin staff member will step in and arrange an engineers visit or whichever is needed.

If you like you can upload your router stats and set up a BQM and we can take a look to see if there are any problems 🙂

Type 192.168.0.1 or (192.168.100.1 if you have your Hub in Modem mode) into your address bar at the top of your browser

Do NOT log in, just click “Check Router Status” at the bottom of the page. Sometimes the “Check Router Status” is missing, in this case just go ahead and log in and go to Advanced Settings-> Tools-> Network Status.

Please copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs, if you get a yellow warning just click the Post button again.

Do not try to fit everything in one post! You can use more than one post for each item if needed!

If you get a warning when you hit “Post” just hit “Post” again and it should work ok!

Please do not use screenshots

Also can you please setup a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com. Just click on Create a new monitor.

Under your graph you just created Click (Share Live Graph)

Copy the text in the “Direct Link” box and paste it on here

Also, are you testing speeds wired or wireless? If wired are you using a Cat 5e or better Ethernet cable and a PC/Laptop with 1Gbps or better capable network card?

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 46TM

Thanks for posting and apologies for the low speeds.

I've ran some checks here and no issues showing; no outages, all the levels are fine and a deeper check shows no issues either.

How are you testing the speeds please, wired/wireless and what devices?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
46TM
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am testing direct from the hub using a desk top computer. The speed is still only 100! Is it possible to achieve the contract speeds in this area?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 46TM,

Thank you for coming back to us, can you do another speed test this time please put our router in Modem mode and connect your PC by Ethernet, please check the the computer has a gigabit network card and you are using a Cat 6 or above Ethernet cable.

I can see your Desktop is currently connected by WIFI and not wired. 

By removing all other devices and connecting directly in Modem Mode this will give you a correct reading of what you are getting to the Router.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A Cat 5e Ethernet cable would suffice 🙂

BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
0 Kudos