Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

speed

Hi,

I moved house 5 weeks ago and got connected with virgin a few days later. For the first few weeks my internet speed was amazing and through WIFI i was achieving 90MB. I couldn't believe the speed i was achieving but i knew it was too good to be true. 

Fast forward a couple of weeks later and i'm lucky if i get 20MB. Nothing has changed, my equipment is in the same place, i'm using the same amount of gadgets connected to the hub but my speed is terrible. My hub and computer are in the same room.

I constantly get disconnected, meaning i have to reconnect to the internet. Sometimes the web pages take forever to load. I just can't figure out what the problem could be. Any advice is really appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: speed

This could be a wireless problem, or the VM cable configuration, so I'll start by looking for obvious clues, and the easiest place to start is the hub's status.

Can you connect to your hub, don't log in, but click "Check router status", and then post in replies here the contents of the tabs titled Downstream, Upstream, and Network log?  If those are all good we can investigate other possibilities.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos