SK1994
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

speed throttled?

https://gyazo.com/8f8a3619e6595a918cea7865793183e2 

https://gyazo.com/56fce47e16ae772b7c2861c8476ffe30

Hi there,

I am a semi-pro gamer and want to just query something.

To tell the truth, VM has been amazing for years now, but recently, in the last few weeks, its been quite poor daily.

it's been going from 30mb, which is fine, i do pay for more but 30mb is fine, then all of a sudden it drops to 5mb which clearly is unplayable/unwatchable.

you give it a few minutes and it shoots back upto 30mb, then after few mins drops back down.

Tried reseting router, fine for 5mins then drops back down.

Not sure what to show anyone so ive just put these on 

0 Kudos
SK1994
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: speed throttled?

im in L14 Liverpool area.
Anyone having similar problems?
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

upstream levels are too high - downstream levels are ok but the rest of te downstream stats are rubbish - noise certainly - make sure the coax connectors are tight - try a reboot to zero the pre and post rs errors and post the downstream in a few hours if they rise

you are not on a hub3 and as a gamer you dont want one so if they send a tech dont let him swap your hub - if he/she insists then make sure you keep your old one if you have problems with the hub3 you should be able to have the old one put back on the line - you might have to push a bit but they should do it

if the coax is tight then tou need a tech - post back and VM should sort one

Tony
0 Kudos
SK1994
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

but whats very weird, some days its completely fine,some days its jittery
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

it may be an external fault - VM will confirm if it is but try the coax connectors and do a reboot then watch the pre and post rs errors

on the days its good check and see if the levels are the same as you posted earlier

Tony
0 Kudos
Andrew300
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I wouldn't trust Virgin to solve the fault.. I asked them to monitor my line when I had M500 because I was getting slow speed.. made sure to monitor the line before that.. ill let the results speak for themselves..  no prizes for guessing when monitoring started or stopped... but to make it obvious, it started when the speed jumped up and stopped when it dropped back down.

Speedtest runs every 30mins on my line

360mb before they 'began monitoring 490mb after.. then back down once they 'finished by admitting they weren't giving me the promised speeds

Screenshot_20210110-223955_Brave.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos