Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

speed issue

hi guys hoping someone can help i have 2 laptops identical to each other i am getting average speed on one laptop and really slow on the other even if i go back to my old laptops once again there the same laptop i get good speed on one of them but not the other  is there any way to sort it were they both receive a good speed thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: speed issue

What speeds do they get wired direct to the hub?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

hi gary i cant wire the hub as my laptop dont have Ethernet ports like i say its really strange how 1 laptop get great speed and the other gets really slow speed when they are the same laptop
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Wireless is a tricky thing to manage.

Have you split the WiFi bands into separate 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary i did try that and the speed was good but everyday it kicked me off the internet and would not connect back to the 5g only the 2.4 and i had to rested my router to get re connected so kept it on the duel connection as that works just really slow 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Have you disabled “smart” WiFi?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

no what is that never heard of that
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Are you on a Hub3?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

ye its a brand new hub i think i have found my problem my laptop is conneting to 2.4g were the other is connecting to 5g but i dont no how to get mine to connect to the 5g automaticly
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Disable smart WiFi in the hubs admin page.

Also if you split the WiFi bands you can force it to connect to the 5Ghz broadcast. 

0 Kudos