Menu
GREENY01
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

slow speeds 350mb

for months now my connection speeds have been getting slower and slower with constant packet loss in voip programs such as teamspeak when first installed and for 12 months i never had an issue but when renewing the contract price went up and speeds slowed down typical.

i have a custom pc for gaming only with a  fresh install of windows no viruses no malware ect.

when doing speed test it says am getting 70mb constant. my conection is wired any help would be great.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow speeds 350mb

So, as you are expecting >100mbps, make sure that your device has a gigabit network card (not a 10/100 one!) and its not being “limited" to 100mbps in its settings and has the most up to date drivers. Use a new Cat6ae ethernet cable (old ones do "fail" and Cat6e is best) to connect it directly to the Hub - which you have put into modem mode (see VM website for the "how to") this ensures only your one device is connected - there was a report here recently where a connected but inactive games console was halving speeds !. Check speeds like that first.

If they are still low - then, boot up your PC into "safe mode with networking" (to disable any software on it that could be limiting speeds - lots do!). Run your speedtests at speedtest.net (do them on x2 close VM servers) using 2 different browsers - preferably with one of which is a fresh download of one you haven’t previously used (e.g. Firefox, Opera, Safari etc) - there are several reports on here of certain browsers developing problems and causing speed issues.

Try that and report back what you get.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
GREENY01
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow speeds 350mb

ok thanks I'll try that tomorrow after work and report back that is again 

0 Kudos