Menu
df78
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

slow speed and intermittent service

I am no tech whizz sadly, and despite the cost always been happy with Virgin however ...... not anymore unless I can get this issue fixed super fast!

I am studying from home and my online lectures amongst other things keep stopping. It is a nightmare and occurs almost every time we try and use the internet now.

I have an account which says I have 108mbps download speed, but when I checked the speed is says 16 ping, 2.37 mbps download and 2.18 upload. HELP!!

I understand we are all using the internet so much more but I really need some help to sort this little issue out, I have followed ALL the online help and tips with no improvement.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow speed and intermittent service

@df78 wrote:

, I have followed ALL the online help and tips with no improvement.

Does that include....  running these tests on a device connected by Cat5e/6 ethernet cable directly to the Hub which you put in modem mode? And if no improvement there,  booting into safe + networking mode.  Testing at speedtest.net to a close VM server on 2 different browsers?

If so, post up your stats from the Hub and also your BQM.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos