Menu
Bazza01
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

slow internet

Well I have been a customer of VM for 25 + years now, have 2 people trying to work from home without success why are we now since just before Christmas 2020 experiencing the worst internet speeds, with the technology there is and it can not be sorted, when I ring i'm told to switch the router off then on again, well how many times a day should I do this, maybe once in a blue moon but not up to 10 times a day and still does not resolve the issue, cables have not been changed internally so VM what is going on.

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: slow internet

@Bazza01 wrote:

Well I have been a customer of VM for 25 + years now, have 2 people trying to work from home without success why are we now since just before Christmas 2020 experiencing the worst internet speeds, with the technology there is and it can not be sorted, when I ring i'm told to switch the router off then on again, well how many times a day should I do this, maybe once in a blue moon but not up to 10 times a day and still does not resolve the issue, cables have not been changed internally so VM what is going on.

The main problem is everyone trying to work/school from home!

A lot more traffic, and a different type (VOIP/VPN/Conference Calls) on a residential service is bound to cause problems.

VM is trying to catch up, but it will take time.

No service provider could have predicted what's happened in the last 10 months.

There are 10's of threads on here at the moment stating similar problems, mostly due to congestion.

0 Kudos