Menu
MikeBunce
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

service Status page misleading

My service has been in just over a week and I'm already experiencing speed issues

Service status says there are no issues but when I "run the test" I get the message 

Service status
Network issue
We have detected an issue that maybe affecting your broadband

What does this mean?

• This issue is caused by interference on our network impacting multiple customers in your area.
  • This will cause intermittent speeds and performance may vary at different times.
  • Our Network teams are aware of this issue and further details on resolution will be available as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: service Status page misleading

Hi MikeBunce,

Welcome to our community and thanks posting. Sorry to hear you're having issues with our internet services, we understand the frustration this is causing especially as your a new customer and are being affected by slow internet speeds.

Remotely looking from our end with the details you have provided for your community profile, we an see that this is an ongoing issues which we are aware of and are working to get this issues fixed as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately we do not have have a time when this issue will be resolved at present. We appreciate your patience with this matter and hope to have you back up and running as soon as possible.

kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: service Status page misleading

Mike - that's not a very encouraging reply from Jodi. Not knowing when a problem is going to be fixed "may" indicate contention issues (too many customers) these can be fixed quickly but can drag on for months/years. See if Jodi or someone else can comment on that - what will help is setting up a BQM as per below.

Be aware that as you have been a customer for less than 2 weeks you may cancel without any financial penalties for up to that time-point - should have been a "cancellation form" in your startup/welcome pack

----------
Set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” (as per instructions on the TB website) when you have the first 24h period.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos