Menu
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

rebates

Hi, I know i am waiting for ( field engineers ) to see what is happening with my 350 meg broadband totally failing yet again ( has been for years now but nobody else usable to go with ),  just seeing all the other people non stop complaining about their abysmal speeds, yes i know everyone is using the internet But dont you think that virgin media should give people a rebate ?.

When we are paying for a 350 meg service but only receiving between zero and 20 meg, this is a joke. Virgin tv box is next to useless and just switches off and constant buffering at times, the continual lag on tv programs is well terrible.

All this from the company that are supposed to be going down the route of putting in 10gig fibre, its fine if you live on a street or an area that does not suffer over subscription like we have for the last 10 years. They are quick enough to charge a late payment fee if you are a day late in paying your bill. but they cant sort out the services.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: rebates

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish.

Please do not use screen grabs.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

just search my recent post, 350meg really. that will show you the BQM charts. here is todays

spankthemunkey1_0-1605994920915.png

0 Kudos