Menu
ChrisG5
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

"The internet is slow today"

Usual moans from the family who are all home working.

Here is the graph - the latency has shot up, plus we had something happen to the router last night - reboot/software update?

Any thoughts?

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/a975f1678594dcd9b2d324ab09a0a18a38... 

0 Kudos
Pawan_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: "The internet is slow today"

Hi,

Please send me a private message, not reply or quick reply, with your account number and area code/ postcode and I'll look into it for you.

To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any personal info in this thread as it's public.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's by no means a bad BQM graph.

What is slow - wired of wifi connections?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
ChrisG5
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary. Both. I'm really struggling to do anything on my websites, my wife is struggling to do anything on her company databases, etc.

Yesterday was much better.

I've just called the VM phone number (0800 version) and instigated a line check and hub reboot, which you can see on the graph.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon ChrisG5

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to see you've been having issues with the broadband speeds.

I've looked into the specs of the hub and everything appears to be in spec. 

Can you please run a speed test with the hub in modem mode and connected via Ethernet cable to see what speeds we have entering your property?

I'd also be intrigued to know if the slow speeds effect any particular rooms in the property or if the speed is effected when you're in the same room as the hub?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
ChrisG5
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi David_Bn,

The technician has just left. Seemingly another property on the estate had left VM, so their cable was feeding back into the green box on the street, and affecting all of the VM customers on the estate.

Redundant cable disconnected, retested and everything tested back into the green zones again apparently. But here is the graph:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/52354b4cdaf25e8c7821c7df446bcbb2ff... 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us ChrisG5,

The packet loss of the graph is certainly a concern.

Did you take any contact details from the engineer?

If so, it would be worth calling and asking if they can revisit if you're still experiencing issues

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
ChrisG5
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

Yes he left his contact details. The big red packet loss was while he was playing with the hub3 and external cables. The internet was back on again from around 2.30pm onwards.

That said, the latency is all over the place. And I've no idea what happened with the dropped packets earlier on today.

Do you suggest that he should come back and have another go at sorting it?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I would advise calling the engineer as the fault is still on going since their visit, and I wouldn't be able to do anything to get this actioned in a shorter time frame

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

ChrisG5
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The Tech couldn't attend on Friday 😢 and this is what we have today: 😱

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/8a80d03a90621f264541dee7829fc5089a... 

0 Kudos