Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

quality

Since I was informed my internet speed had been increased several months ago.  I find I get only the speed I was already receiving, but at a lower quality, often losing connection on sites I have never had any problems in the past,  there fore not receiving the service I am paying for never mind this so called improved service.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: quality

How are you measuring the speed?  If it's over WiFi, test again with an ethernet connection.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

AS I have statedRe: quality

My speed is not in dispute, I have had the speed I was told I would receive from the boost.  I just get a lot of disconnections from apps on facebook  etc. needing too refresh which I did not get before.  I have even upgraded m pc but still get this irritating disconnection.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: AS I have statedRe: quality

Hi Oldgar,

Thank you for posting regarding your intermittent connection issues, this certainly isn't what we'd expect no matter the speed of your connection.

I've had a look at the backend of your services and it appears that the downstream power levels into your hub are too low. This will need an engineer visit for further investigation, so we'll need to clear account security. I'll send you a private message now to confirm the necessary details, please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

There also appear to be some issues with your in-home setup that are affecting your wireless network. I'd recommend optimising your network by taking a look at our WiFi Wins, the Connect App, or simply by forgetting the network on individual devices and reconnecting to ensure they're using the most appropriate band. We'd still like to resolve the underlying problem, but this will also help to improve the stability and quality of your wireless connections.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos