cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor internet speed at 90mb where I pay for 350mb connection NE5

geordiemark
On our wavelength

dear sir or madam

I wont be jumping through hoops for yous, ive done speed test and your service over the past few weeks has been a damn disgrace, in the uk people paying for a full service and not getting that is called fraud, today my daughter had an interview with the civil service and the internet goes off in the middle of her interview, either yous get my internet right for what I pay for or ill take legal advice, no more pussyfooting around jumping hoops for yous lot do your job or its barrister time, I have no doubt that theres many other people up and down the country who are a little bit more annoyed with customer service, we need service centres in the united kingdom not somewhere in asia, get my services sorted or next call be my brief 

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The forum users (and me) tried to help you with this last year but you were past doing that.

I suggest you continue any formal complaints procedure with VM and if not resolved satisfactorily for you, then escalate the matter to the industry adjudication scheme - CISAS.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

thank you for your imput john, isnt it very strange that no one who works for virgin media have contacted me nor answered me on this post I find that very odd, now either my services are put back to what i pay for then ill see no other alternative but to take legal advice because this hasnt been going on for just days this has been going on for years

Taking legal advice will normally cost money, and even then your chances in court are mixed if you haven't explored the available adjudication option with CISAS (and that is free).  If you're turning to Citizens Advice, they should point you to CISAS anyway, as a faster, cheaper, and more appropriate route.  Search read and follow CISAS customer guidance, think about what outcome you want, and what evidence you can provide for the problem you want resolving.  And as the CISAS guidance will explain, you must have raised a formal complaint with the company beforehand.

If CISAS doesn't get a satisfactory outcome, then you are still able to take the matter to the courts.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi geordiemark,

Thank you for your post.

I am very sorry for the broadband issues you've been facing and this disrupted your daughter's interview, I can certainly appreciate your frustration with this.

I have taken a look on our side however and all of your signal levels are completely normal. I can't see any reason why you should be facing issues.

Can you please advise if you've tried running a wired speed test to see what sort of speeds you get, without having to factor in wireless interference?

Also, I'd advise to set up a free broadband quality monitor so we can view how your connection is behaving over a 24 hour period. If you could then post the link here so we can see that'd be great.

Thanks

Beth

thank you for replying to my problem, all week ive tested my internet speed and every night the speed drops between 84mb to 95mb I then have to pull the plug out of the modem and take the plug out of my router and then it returns to 350lb, I will be doing speed tests via python instead

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the details @geordiemark. Just to clarify: are the 84mb - 95mb speeds you are receiving on a wired ethernet connection or over WiFi?

Have you tried performing a Pin Hole reset on your Hub by following these exact instructions:

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.
With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.
Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.
DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

This will remove all devices that are registered on the Hub, you can then readd the ones you use which may help alleviate the issues 🙂 This will be a factory reset on your Hub, so make sure to write down any passwords beforehand.

Best wishes,

Serena