Menu
savvyfox
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

permanent red light on modem and slow speed

We have spent all day trying to resolve this through chat and by holding the line on the helplines...but we cant get through to anyone. We have checked for any issues in the area but there are only problems with the TV reported. We are trying to work and home school and our internet speed is pitiful. We have tried resetting the modem to factory settings but still the light remains red....please can someone help!...

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: permanent red light on modem and slow speed

Hi there @savvyfox

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you've had some broadband issues recently. 

Having a red light on the Hub usually means  that the Hub is overheating. You can check the light combinations and what they mean on this dedicated help page - Lights on Hub - What do they mean?

I have been unable to locate your account from your forum information so have not been able to go through any further checks as yet, I am sorry. Have you ensured that the Hub is out in the open and free of obstruction?

Please do leave the hub off for around 30 mins to allow to fully cool and then let us know how you get on. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
savvyfox
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your reply Katie. I managed to get through to the helpline at 8am this morning. they said that there were issues in my area and will be until the 15th. However, only issues with the Tv, not broadband was showing up on the website...they said that is why the red light is on...

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back @savvyfox

Do you have the reference number for the issue they advised about and I'll be happy to check this for you.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
savvyfox
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

no, they didn’t give me a reference number. They just said there were issues in my area PO11 9QH...

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks @savvyfox

I have no managed to locate your account from your postcode and forum details and can see that you are currently impacted by a known area issue called SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio). This issue is causing intermittent broadband issues and could also impact your OnDemand services. Notes do advise that the red light may be in regard to this issue.

The issue has been logged on your account under reference number F008787200 and the estimated fix date is currently listed to be 15th Feb 2021

Please do feel free to pop back at anytime quoting your reference number and we can check for updates for you. 

I am sorry about any service issues during this time. 

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
savvyfox
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the info Katie. That was very helpful. I shall get in touch with the forum again should problem continue

Lucy 🙂

0 Kudos