Menu
papaski_60
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

old customer to new customer

I received an e-mail saying my subscription is going up by £4.50 in March from £82.00 to £86.50 per month. I have only been a new customer since December 2020 taking out an 18 month contract. I read in the e-mail I can ammend or cancel my package before the 11th February 2021. My query is my wife did have an subscription with VM more than a year ago and I took out the new contract at a reduced price after her contact ended. Can my wife take out a new contract at the new customer price?

0 Kudos
Stumac1980
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: old customer to new customer

Hi,

I will DM you direct regarding the options that you have.

Regards

Stuart 

Virgin Media

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi papaski_60,

Any discount that you’ve been offered for the 12/18 months will still be honoured – so if you accepted a fixed price then you’ll receive that until the end of the discount period.  If you accepted a £ or % amount off, this will also continue to be honoured but you will see your price increase from the 1st March.

We will advise you in your communication how the price change will affect your deal.

Changing prices is never an easy decision, which is why, unlike other providers, this is our first cable price change in 18 months. We know 2020 was a difficult year for many people and so we decided not to rise our cable prices last year.

Beth

0 Kudos
papaski_60
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth_G

It's is with much regret that I have cancelled my contract with virgin media and took out a new contract with Sky. I have been a customer way back to when it was diamond cable there's no loyalty at all with existing virgin media customers 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi papaski_60,

It really is a shame to hear you've decided to leave us and we're sorry to see you go. If you ever have a change of heart you know where to find us and we'll be more than happy to help.

All the best with your new provider.

Take care,

Beth

0 Kudos