Menu
geordiemark
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

not getting the full broadband that I pay for

hello techs

I have been having a major problem with my broadband over the past couple of months with slow speeds, this is a damn disgrace and to make things even worse when I ring up about it all I get is someone who doesnt understand a word i say, can virgin explain to me why all there call centers are in asia its a british company and it should be in the UK but we all know the reason why dont we, I am from the NE5 O2 area, also the wiring outside is above the ground maybe you should bury it in the garden yous should check that out as well 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: not getting the full broadband that I pay for

Calm down dear!

Virgin Media is not a British company. It's American owned.

Is your measured speed over WiFi or on an ethernet connection?  WiFi speeds are not guaranteed.

0 Kudos
geordiemark
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

calm down I dont think so, I am sick of being ripped off by virgin media, its an american company that would explain the crap service people are getting, we pay more then enough for our broadband, tv, telephone and mobile services, I have been down this road many times with is it wifi or ethernet connections, yous know what I am using so lets not beat about the bush here and why dont yous get doing your job what us the british public pay yous to do, my wiring outside my house is nearly all above ground where it should have been put under ground so get one of your so called engineers to my home and get it sorted out even the cable box is hanging off my wall, there is nothing wrong with the wiring inside the house, get this sorted out if it doesnt get sorted then next call will be to my solicitor
0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This is a community forum, not a direct contact to Virgin. If you need help or wish to moan at Virgin may I suggest you ring Virgin on or just after 8am on 0345 454 1111 or alternatively you can wait here for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, but unfortunately this will typically be between 5-10 days, sometimes sooner, sometimes later depending on how busy they are. If you decide to call it in it will run through a few automated options and after that ring back again and it should recognise that you have rang previously and then put you in the queue for a Virgin representative.

If you want to wait for a Virgin staff member to pick it up, try not to bump the thread as this will throw you further down the list 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello
How are you doing the speedtest is it either wired or wireless, wired is always the best option as wireless can be affected by many different things.

Can you please post your network stats from the hub
Open a Web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer) and enter the address http://192.168.0.1
Note: If you have enabled Modem Mode on your Hub 3.0 you will need to use 192.168.100.1 instead.
Posting the stats by copy and paste will remove all personal information so no breaches.
Do not login but click on where it says "Check Router Stats" and then copy and post from the following 4 tabs, Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network logs (if they are pasted then all personal information is * out) and we can check your power level, also while you about that can you please go around and check that all connectors to VM equipment are hand tight. Also while doing this please check for any damage to cable, or un-terminated connection without either coax or a terminator.
Also please run "Check service status" at the top right of this forum and call 0800 561 0061 to check for local issues.
Also one think you can do is too signup at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality and setup a broadband quality monitor which will keep an eye on you connection by sending a small amount of data to the hub asking if it still on.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @geordiemark 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services 

Are the issues consistent with both your wired and wireless connection? 

We can look into someone getting your cables buried no problem. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
geordiemark
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

there is something wrong with the broadband when i test the connection speeds, now I know for a fact that the outside wiring is really in a terrible condition and needs looked at because the boxes are off the wall not just in my garden but also next door as well plus the wires are shown in my garden it needs to be put underground and also test the wires in case they have been hit by lawnmower or strimmer, the wiring inside my house is fine having no problem at all, on sam knows it says 187mb on razer at leeds on another site it says 385mb and this confuses the hell out of me, my daughter has a governmental job very important job and needs to be constantly connected to the internet she does payrolls for governmental departments
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Your daughter should be provided with a business line and a mobile data backup, rather than relying on a residential service with no service level agreement.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi geordiemark,

We aren't able to see any issues from looking at the back end of your services from here, but from what you've described it sounds like we will need to arrange an engineer visit for you.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can get this arranged for you 🙂

Beth

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi geordiemark,

Thanks for chatting with me via PM.

Your appointment has now been booked - please do keep us posted with how the visit goes and let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Have a great rest of your week.

Beth

0 Kudos