Menu
Louchilton1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

no response to complaints

I have had problems since installation in January.  I barely get 5mb in my office which is on the same floor as my router 6 metres away max (which Ive had to pull right out from where it was installed to even get a signal so now it sits on the floor) Sent 3 complaints in - no response.  Ive now received a rediculous telephone bill.  I requested the add on of anytime calls but this has not been added so Ive been charged £17 for calls for 1 month and the call charges are crazy.  Sent another complaint - no response.  So now we cant use the telephone either.  Worst service Ive ever experienced.

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: no response to complaints

I think VM are swamped with complaints at the moment, and looking at what is being reported back here, you shouldn't expect the complaint to get a good response.  You can (after eight weeks) escalate a complaint to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS, but that's not quick, and you have to evaluate the time and energy taken versus the outcome if your case is upheld, even though odds are strongly in customers' favour.

With regard to the wifi, I'm afraid you'll have to resolve that yourself, but there's plenty of people willing to help here.  First question, are there any devices connected to the hub by ethernet that you can do some repeated speed tests on?  Reason for asking is to establish is this is a broadband fault or a wifi performance issue.  If the problem is broadband, then you could invest in your own wifi gear, or run an ethernet cable to the office and find that it hasn't helped, and all that was needed was a VM technician to come and prod a few wires.  If we're sure it's wifi, then there's questions about property type and construction, followed by a range of options that'll cost from £10 for 6-10m of Cat 6 ethernet cable, £100 for a basic mesh wifi system, through to about £350 for the Wifi System Of The Gods.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos