Menu
rubensantos
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

never get the speed im paying for

Hi, have virgin media for over 1y, im paying for the tv+landline+broadband package and my broadband is suppose to be off 213mg, but on my pc connect by cable i never get more than 110, 120 if im lucky. Only times i get better speeds is sometimes after 9/10pm.

Already called virgin media a couple of times and the response is that since its above the minimum garanteed speed there is nothing they can do, which i think is total BS, if im paying for X speed i want that speed or as close as possible, i dont pay for half the speed.

Want to know if someone else is in this situation or if someone from Virgin media can explain to me how is this fair for a customer. 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: never get the speed im paying for

Many people experience issues such as this, broadband services are best effort services and as such are share bandwidth with other customers.

The issue you will be experiencing will be due to local area congestion due to high usage and the fact your getting anywhere near the minimum guaranteed speed is actually a much better result than many others that experience congestion related issues.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
rubensantos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt,

Yes, i can understand the situation but this has been ongoing for 12 months, dont tell virgin media does not have the infrastructure to handle this kind of situation, its not fair not only for me but for every person in the same situation as me.

If i decide to only pay half the bill, i'll have letters and calls and people chasing me because im not fulfilling the contract i signed for, but virgin is not fulfilling either and i dont se any consequencesfor them, but im still paying the same amount.

Only reason i havent switched is because in my area there is no other provider that can get me 100+ mg of broadband speed and working from home i need fast internet for the kind of work i do, otherwise i would have left already.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You seem to not realise that the contract you pay for is for an up to speed and best effort service, businesses pay £1000's per month for services with guaranteed speeds.

The reason broadband can be sold at the prices it is is due to it cost being shared amongst a group of users and shared in the same way.

As you say your limited by what providers you can use as you wish to get faster download speeds, so currently its unlikely your going to get a result that will fulfill all your needs as the options you will be given by Virgin are that they are fulfilling there end of the contract and in the event they are not they will allow you to leave.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos