Menu
JahmarieB
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

m350 giving me 20-40mbps!!!

Ive got a m350 router and yet i experience speeds on 20-40mpbs max! this isn't to do with my area as I've had it checked by a virgin media engineer and I'm capable up too 500mbps yet for some reason I'm not getting what i pay for?! why is this!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: m350 giving me 20-40mbps!!!

Via a wired or wireless connection and what device?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
JahmarieB
Tuning in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

via wireless and i tested this on speedtest from my phone 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

You need to test with a wired device that has a gigabit Enabled Ethernet port using a CAT5e or better cable 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
JahmarieB
Tuning in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

sorry, i don't have a clue aha, surely i should be able to get it through wireless, my mate has the same package and it running 217mbps

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

No. Wireless is entirely dependent on a number of environmental factors. 

0 Kudos
JahmarieB
Tuning in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

ok, but regardless i should be getting more, its not worth the package if i only get 20-40 from 350

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

We are trying to establish whether there is a problem on your connection or just on the wifi. Easiest way to do that is for you to run speedtests on a computer/laptop connected directly to the Hub by Cat5e or better cable. Can you do that ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jhuk
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Like the other person (different thread) who was like a dog with a bone going on about price vs speed you must test it the way you have been asked to find out if any issues as VM will tell you to do the same or they will get an engineer to come out and do it for a £99 charge.

There is no way to tell if your neighbours/surrounding are messing with the WIFI signals until you test it wired and see results.

Right now since my upgrade (last week) I am getting 50-250Mb/s WIFI but 550+Mb/s Wired, I was fine on 350Mb/s Wired/WIFI 99% of the time in testing.

I am not sure what has changed from one day till next but I am getting the speed I pay for WIRED.

I have hit 550+Mb/s once on WIFI on PC, not yet on Nvidia shield or Mobile phone, will need use some apps to test surrounding networks as I bet many have now got Sky messing with the 5GHZ band but again it was fine one day then not after upgrade.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Maybe VM should drop wireless in their next hub...

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos