cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

m200 slow speed

grumpy19
Tuning in

just been hoodwinked into 'upgrading' to M200 package, promising download speeds up to 213Mbps, I'm still getting max 40Mbps, same as my old M100 package, what do i do, contacted Virgin, still waiting ....... still waiting ......

7 REPLIES 7

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The phone staff have a nasty habit of upselling - getting you to pay more when there is actually a problem to be sorted. It's disgraceful. 

Let's get it sorted. Tell us what devices you are using and how you are connecting them to the Hub. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Never, ever upgrade speed to resolve a circuit problem.  Phone retentions and cancel the upgrade.  Once this is done, your circuit needs checked to get to the bottom of your slow connection problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, grumpy19,

Sorry to hear that you have been having connection issues. How has things been since your post?
I have run a remote diagnostic and have not been able to identify any issues with your connection. Is this on wired or wireless connections?
We can also provide online broadband help here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/services-support/broadband
Let us know if you need any further help.

Cheers,
Corey C

Hi Corey, Virgin did something over the weekend, without me knowing, speeds are fine and the TV picture is much better, don’t know how but it’s all ok now, thanks for your message. Someone from Customer Complaints called last evening but I was unable to talk to them, they’re gonna call again in the next 48 hours, unless you can pass on my message that all’s ok now and hold them off. Cheers Paul.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi grumpy19, 

Thank you for updating the post and letting us know this has now been resolved, this is great to hear! 

Have you received a call from the team at all?

If not, please let me know and I will be happy to update things from our side.

Thanks 

Nat

No one has called, but I would like to know what they did to fix it without my knowledge, I did replace the HDMI cable that was sent but it made no difference, but hey-ho next day all is fine. thanks Not-so- Grumpy 

Hi @grumpy19,

I'm glad to hear that things are much better for you now. Have you received any contact from the team since your post?

If not, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments to discuss matters further. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!