Menu
ChrisJ
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

<1Mbps Downstream NE9 Area

Problems since this morning in the Gateshead NE9 area, <1Mbps speed (normally 350+).

Status page and customer services are showing no network issues. Local FB groups are full of people with the same issue so unless it was a massive batch of Superhubs that have all simultaneously failed I strongly suspect it is a network issue.

Is anyone aware of anything going on at the minute?

MrWeetabix
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: <1Mbps Downstream NE9 Area

I too am having the same issues, but in NE10. I have power-cycled and reset the router several times today with no improvement. Speed tests have been from both wired and wireless connections, with the results being the same. I have even disconnected all devices except my test device to eliminate an issues with my home LAN and the results were still the same. Normal speed is 110Mbps, its now between 1-1.5Mbps with results from two separate Speed Test websites. 

Its frustrating that VM Status reckons there is nothing wrong when there are so many people reporting in here that there is. I understand that sometimes things happen and service can be impacted, but admitting there is an issue goes a long way to cementing trust with customers.

Regards

Craig

long_tom1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same here in the NE8 area 1Mbps download but upload speed seems to be fine

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
AndyJ1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Adding my voice to this as well - NE9, same issue.

Its very disappointing that a serious issue that has been clearly visible on public tools for more than 8 hours still is not reported as an issue centrally.

heysoutre
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As per the other thread, its been almost unusable all day in NE10 - sounds like the same problem, same performances.

The service status page seems to have acknowledged there is an issue in the area.

heysoutre
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

NE10 appears somewhat back to normal this morning for me, pings around 20-40ms which i would expect as normal.  Doesn't seem to crumble away under simple www traffic either.  I had powered off the hub last night, and left it off until this morning.

0 Kudos