Menu
rodrigomarco
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

low reliability: internet drops out frequently and speeds vary wildly

Hello, anyone any ideas?

I have 200mb contracted, and often times I get that speed, but regularly I suffer from high latency and internet dropping out for a few seconds, to then recover. This is creating frequent disconnexions to streaming sevices (like sonos radio) and sometimes poor quality in Netflix.

A couple of days ago I got a couple of days a new VM Hub 3.0, (after I called support) and it has made zero difference to this issue. connections all fine and I have reset all equipment multiple times. No difference if I connect via wifi or ethernet cable.

Below is the BQM link from Thinkbroadband. Any issues that I can raise with VM? they insist noting wrong outside the house byt I am very sure the problem is outside, not inside.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/c79282d8393fb79bc2aac3d24b85260d44...

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
awaybreaktoday
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: low reliability: internet drops out frequently and speeds vary wildly

If they cannot fix problem within a four week period you are entitled to cancel contract without termination fee
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: low reliability: internet drops out frequently and speeds vary wildly

Good Morning rodrigomarco,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with the broadband connection. How are the services looking at the moment? 

I can see that a new hub was issued to you on 06/10/20, but this is currently unreachable, is the hub currently switched off?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos