Menu
paul-b
Tuning in
Message 1 of 45
Flag for a moderator

low broadband speed

I have just come out of contract and reduced my package from m350 to m200 on a 1 month rolling contract as we intend to move soon to an area that does not have a virgin signal so did not want to be tied in to a contract, I now find that although I am told I now have m200 my speed is constantly below 100mbps, I am posting this on here because we recently had our hub 3 fail but it took me more than 6 hours on hold on 6 calls to virgin to get them to accept the hub 3 was faulty and do not have that sort of time to deal with this.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Re: low broadband speed

Have you had a replacement Hub sent out ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
paul-b
Tuning in
Message 3 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Yes and is all set up and working and the speed I received was over 350mbps as we still had part of our M350 running which by the way is due to end on the 19th of this month.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 45
Flag for a moderator

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
paul-b
Tuning in
Message 5 of 45
Flag for a moderator

download between 91 and 98mbps, upload around 36mbps on my computer which is the only unit wired to the hub

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

0 Kudos
paul-b
Tuning in
Message 7 of 45
Flag for a moderator

sorry for the slow reply had things to do, 100Mbps.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 45
Flag for a moderator

@paul-b wrote:

sorry for the slow reply had things to do, 100Mbps.

That tells us that the cable you are using is either iffy or the wrong spec

or

Your device Network Interface Card (NIC) is not capable or not set correctly.

The easies check is to try a different Cat 5e or better ethernet cable.

If that doesn't work check the Link Speed for the NIC in the device settings.

0 Kudos
paul-b
Tuning in
Message 9 of 45
Flag for a moderator

I have not had any problem until now and it was quite capable of running 350 + until I changed my package.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 45
Flag for a moderator

Something has changed or the Connection Speed wouldn't be reporting as 100 Mbs.

I have told you the likely cause[s], it is up to you to check them out or sit on 100Mbs.

0 Kudos