cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

less than 3Mbps down on M250

HappyHappyHappy
Tuning in

My service has been intermittently poor for the last couple of weeks or so and is degrading. Websites are noticeably slow to load (+/-10 secs). Using an ethernet connection.

Virgin report no issues in my area, but speedtests over 2 days report <3Mbps down, although up is as per my package.

I have run through the self-tests on the Virgin Media broadband page, without finding any problems.

Turning to this forum, rather than trying to call Virgin: well, I wouldn't repeatedly smash myself in the face with a lumphammer, would I?

https://imgur.com/a/uHb1rF2

https://imgur.com/a/5HGqfdH

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did you try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.
The "compensation "timer" can also be started on this number if appropriate.

See what is on there and report back

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks, according to the automated line there are no issues in my area (and no "compensation timer" option).

Checking "service status" from my account page initially tells me there are no issues, but if you follow that up by choosing "still having issues" and select the broadband option, it then tells me there is an "intermittent signal issue".

Screenshot from 2023-07-14 19-48-03.png

HappyHappyHappy
Tuning in

It's their DNS: changed to 1.1.1.1 and...Screenshot from 2023-07-15 20-38-46.png

Hi @HappyHappyHappy thanks for getting back to us.

And thanks for updating us.  Based on the screen shot you've posted, do you consider your issue to now be resolved?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R