Menu
emilykiny62
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

internet speed awful

im paying for 350 mbps download and 36 mbps upload, when doing a speedtest the download is between 20 and 40 mbps and the upload is at 36mbps like expected. is there a way to stop this because im getting speeds that is a tenth of what im paying for.

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: internet speed awful

Hi emilykiny62,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry that you've been having trouble with your broadband speeds, we can certainly take a look at improving this for you.

I'm afraid that I haven't been able to locate your services based on the information you've used to sign up here, but I'm happy to go through some basics with you for now. I'll also drop you a private message to confirm a few details so I can take a closer look - you can find this by clicking the purple envelope in the top right corner.

Could you let me know whether you've performed these speed tests via a wired or wireless connection? I appreciate that most people would rather use wifi on a day-to-day basis, but an ethernet connection gives us a better idea of what's coming into the property so we can start working towards a resolution.

Do you notice whether speeds drop at particular times or when you're doing certain activities, or does it appear to be consistently slow?

Could you also please confirm whether you've already been to our self-help pages to check the service status in your area, run equipment diagnostics by signing in using your MyVM details, or follow some simple troubleshooting for improving your connection?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos