Menu
ravi03
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i gig speed drop to just 2 Mbps dowload on wired

Speed dropped to 2Mbps on a Cat 8 wired connection. No reported service issues in the area.

Never got more than 325Mbps on 1gig

Getting 65Mbps on my Zen fibre. Even on wi-fi.

Any one having same issue?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: i gig speed drop to just 2 Mbps dowload on wired

Have you tried changing the ethernet cable? What device are you testing wired speeds on?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Barrerayy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Are you in Croydon or somewhere close? I've seen a few people recently on this forum complaining about the same issue, including myself. 

As a workaround until VM does something I found that using a VPN gives me 50-60% of my gig speed instead of the 1% without a VPN.

0 Kudos
ravi03
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Barrerayy

I will try using a vpn. Any particular vpn you use?

I use a cat8 cable directly connected to Hub4 and my laptop with gigaethernet. I tried with 2 laptops. I used to get about 325 on my desktop but this may be due to the embedded cable which may be cat5.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi  @ravi03,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been getting slow speeds with your service. We can understand the inconvenience this may have caused and we want to do our best to help.

Did the great advice given by @Barrerayy help? Also have you checked here virg.in/service to see if there are any local faults in the area that may have caused this? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos