Menu
scorp69
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

hub 4

hi all i just got the new hub4 with 1 gig broadband but all i seem to get is 1024 to hub and 424 to my pc by ethernet tried phoning virgin but dont seem to be getting anywhere any help much appreciated

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: hub 4

Make sure the cable is Cat 5e or better and make sure your PC/laptop has a 1Gbps or better network card.

To check your PC is running 1Gbps or better and assuming you are using windows 10 can you type in "View network connections" in your search bar bottom left, then right click your Ethernet connection and select "Status" What does it say for speed? Should read 1Gbps or better?

Make sure you have just a single Cat 5 e or better Ethernet cable connected to the Hub via PC, no switches or powerline adapters etc.

Also go into your router settings and check under connected devices that the PC is connected at 1000mb.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
0 Kudos
scorp69
Joining in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

tried that  got cat8 ethernet and 1 gig on pc

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Can you put the laptop/pc in safe mode with networking and while the laptop is connected, type 192.168.0.1 to go into router settings and switch to modem mode, make sure no other Ethernet cables are in the router, just the laptop/pc Ethernet cable as in modem mode the router will lock on to just one Ethernet connection and we want that to be the laptop. The router will take about 5 minutes to reboot. Once it has fully rebooted and the laptop has established a connection, try a speed test and see what happens. Just give the laptop a bit of time to connect as sometimes this can be a bit slow. To return the Hub to router mode just type 192.168.100.1 into the address bar of your browser to access the router settings and switch back to router mode.

BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi @scorp69,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some problems with your connection lately. Have you followed any of the suggestions provided by @conman33158 yet?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
scorp69
Joining in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

yes and still no joy ive had this hub since 13th may and still not had 1 gig download 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us @scorp69 

Is the network card defiantly 1gb?  If the hub is receiving the guaranteed speeds, it would indicate that the issue is within your home.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

scorp69
Joining in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Intel (r)82579lm gigabit network connection 

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming this @scorp69

I've taken a look at your account and I can see that the connection to your Hub is working as we’d expect.

This means that it’s likely any slow speed problem you’re having is within your home network. I’d like you to run a test from our partner Sam Knows. This will show you the speed to the Hub and also the speed to the device you’re running the test on. https://www.samknows.com/

The test can be run on any computer or mobile device with a modern web browser. It may not run on other devices like games consoles or older devices.

Please let me know how you get on with this,

Thanks,

Serena

I can see that the connection to your Hub is working as we’d expect.

This means that it’s likely any slow speed problem you’re having is within your home network.

I’d like you to run a test from our partner Sam Knows. This will show you the speed to the Hub and also the speed to the device you’re running the test on.

The test can be run on any computer or mobile device with a modern web browser. It may not run on other devices like games consoles or older devices

0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@scorp69 wrote:

Intel (r)82579lm gigabit network connection 

Do you have the latest drivers installed? Also try a different cable and a different PC/Laptop and see if your getting the same speed. Also make sure its a single cable from Hub 4 to PC, no switches in between, also, are you using any VPN software/connections?

0 Kudos