Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hub 3.0 slow speeds

I am on the 100Mb package with the Hub 3.0 router but when I run speed test I'm lucky to get 40 meg with wired connection and 5 meg with wifi and always losing connection on wifi even though the wifi signal is very strong on my devices 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: hub 3.0 slow speeds

It can be difficult diagnosing problems without some basic information so have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may not be affecting the area. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

Go round all the accessible co-ax connections and ensure that they are finger tight.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

• Hi MikeRobbo 
  • I've tried all that I've had this problem over a week everytime I phone virgin they say they can see a problem so please hold the line to connect to someone everytime its gets to about 20 mins they put the phone down and just a robot on live chat useless 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

Then

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of each tab onto here, a Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos