Menu
charliebrown44
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

free speed upgrade 2020

Hi,

just wondering if i shall be upgraded to 100 from 50mb? i recontracted in feb 2020, i never left and have been with virgin for many years on bb and landline. i have not had email with any upgrade offer to date, i was on the 200mb speed last couple of years, before that 100mb, but due to finances i had to drop to 50mb speed back in feb this year, i wonder if i need to request it from customer services?

cheers.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: free speed upgrade 2020

you'll need to contact to get a new deal/contract

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I think you should have been - have you checked to see if you have been? Switch it off for 5' then restart and leave for 5' for any updates to be applied. Then, look in the Hub settings and find the "configuration file" (or similar name) and see what the numbers are in the Upstream & Downstream "Maximum Data Transfer Rate" boxes.
Are they still in the 50's or the 100's for the downstream max rate?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why would you be upgraded?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Gary this why they think it should be at 100.

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-starts-2020-with-a-br...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
charliebrown44
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thx for the input guys. I'll call them tomorrow to enquire. I did run a speed test which confirmed around 52Mb so not really panicking i just didn't want to miss the boat! Ha.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Whats the config file showing you ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
charliebrown44
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

John I'll see if I can check that tomorrow before I call them. It'll be a learning curve for me as i tend not to delve into hub settings, I'll take it slowly.

Thanks.

0 Kudos