Menu
Tudorrrr
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

does the internet cable into my laptop afects the other devices in the house?

i have an issue with my brother saying that my internet cable that i wanna use, from the router to my laptop, is gonna “steal” all the speed of the router and all the other people from the house they gonna suffer with the speed of wifi. from what i know is just to stabilise the connection to do not drop at all so i can use my laptop properly. can anyone help with this query? Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: does the internet cable into my laptop afects the other devices in the house?

No, it won't steal all the bandwidth.

Good on you for using the stable method of connecting to the Hub and tell your brother that slow speeds on Wi-Fi are more likely due to interference and signal blockage.

Just a few things that can affect Wi-Fi in the average home …

Blockage (visible) …

Mirrors, furniture, fish tanks, people, radiators, walls, flooring / ceilings.

Interference (invisible) …

Cordless phones, baby monitors, microwave ovens, fridges & freezers, TVs, next doors Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi equipment, DAB transmitters, the list is endless.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos