cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constant dropped packets from 0600 yesterday

Aitkeng
On our wavelength

Hi - hoping the Virgin support can help.

At 0600 yesterday morning my broadband experienced c.20% of packet loss - continued all day and has continued all day today. Usually never have a packet loss issue. Virgin website says there is no maintenance in my area and I have rebooted my hub 5 to no avail. 

Any chance one of the virgin wizards could have a look to see if there is a local issue?

many thanksScreenshot 2023-08-31 at 20.56.23.png

5 REPLIES 5

Hurmish
On our wavelength

If you rebooted your hub, shouldn't there be full red lines during the downtime? 

Aitkeng
On our wavelength

Mmmm, you are absolutely right. So I checked why I was not seeing this - turns out my IP address has completely changed so I have been tracking someone else's IP address since I received a replacement Hub 5 a few weeks ago.

I will now set up a BQM on my new IP 🙂 and see what that tells me.

Thanks @HURMISH

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Aitkeng,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection at the moment, how has your connection been running since you last posted?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Aitkeng
On our wavelength

Hi - the connection dropped constantly all day Thursday (particularly on zoom and the connection to my employer) but has been very stable Friday and Saturday - presumably whatever was wrong has stabilised. Feels like the connection is fine now. Thank you

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update on this Aitkeng,

I'm glad to hear that the connection has stabilised, do pop back up however if you require any further assistance.

Regards,

Kain