Menu
alfairbank
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

complaints

hi does anyone know how to contact virgin media, and speak to someone that can help you. and doesnt just put you on hold for for over an hour.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: complaints

By  writing to ComplaintsVirgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA.

Don't forget to include your Account number and up to date contact details.

Make sure that you use a tracked and signed for letter.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello @alfairbank 

If you post what your problem is then the VM staff and community member may be able to help you get it resolved.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

alfairbank
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

to be honest, I don't need to make a complaint. I know my virgin broadband hub is faulty, I need to speak to technical support. however after 3 weeks and lots of calls, most days and being on hold at least an hour each of those days i still have not got through.
a complaint is my only option, which i did about a week ago by post but no answer yet.
0 Kudos
alfairbank
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

broadband faulty hub

hi

I have had a check on my broadband over the phone and it says I need to speak with technical support to resolve as there is a fault. My internet is now very poor, when it used to be excellent

However, after many calls over the last 3 weeks I can not get through. 

I have spoken with the cancellation team to ask their advice, they then put me on hold to find out... and leave me there until the line goes blank about 30 minutes later.

are there any vm engineers who can offer advice.

thanks

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband faulty hub

@alfairbank Please don't create multiple threads for effectively the same issue, it doesn't get your issue resolved any quicker and is against the forum rules.  I have merged your threads.

Not all broadband issue are the result of a faulty hub.  If you want to post some hub stats the community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly. Or you can wait for the VM staff to pick up this thread (can take a few days) and run checks on your line.

If you go to http://192.168.0.1/ (or http://192.168.100.1/ if you are in modem mode) to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login (unless you have a Hub 3 and this is your first visit to the hub GUI, or a Hub 4 which does require you to login) but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screenshots if that is easier. If using screenshots be careful to edit out or obscure any reference to your WAN IP or MAC address in the log to protect your privacy.  If you copy and paste the log then the forum will automatically censor this sensitive information. Also note that images will take time to appear on the forum due to a combination of awaiting moderator approval and buggy code.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

alfairbank
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thanks Scott,
but i have no idea what anything in your third paragraph means haha

it took me 30mins just to create an account on this forum

i called virgin, they tested my internet. they said it was faulty and should speak to someone. thats all i know.
if i coud test it myself i would.

i think the complaint by post and signed for is the best way for me to go

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi alfairbank,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having issues with our internet services, we understand the frustration this causes.

Can you tell us what issues you are experiencing with our internet services currently? Are you having slow speed issues or an intermittent connection?

How are your devices connected? Are they wired or wireless?

Looking remotely from our end with the details you have provided from your community profile we can see that you have not rebooted your router for more than 11 days. Are you able to reboot the router for us now and we can do further diagnostics with you?

Once you have dine this please come back to us and let us know so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos