Menu
Highlighted
jadengomes
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

can I still use my virgin hub 1 ?

My old package has been retired i was on the 165mbps package from years ago , and they have moved me onto the m200 package that's great and all free upgrade to 200mbps but.. I never upgraded my hub to a hub 3 as it had and still does issues with gaming from that puma chip and i only have my internet for gaming . In the letter it says "to make the most out of m200 fiber broadband, you'll need to upgrade your current hub to our latest hub 3" i really don't want to " upgrade " Even with my old hub iv been getting 165mbps on my Xbox and my download speeds have been 120 to 160 when downloading and I have great ping zero issues for years can I not keep my old hub ?

The last part of the latter says " if you don't want to upgrade to the hub 3 , dont worry we'll move you to a broadband pack that's more suitable for your current hub and we well reduce the price by £5" . If I ring them up and explain i don't want to change ups but keep my package they shouldn't change it will they they will let me keep the m200 right? Even with hub 1 I should be able to reach 200mbps just fine right? 😞

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: can I still use my virgin hub 1 ?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: can I still use my virgin hub 1 ?

@jadengomes wrote:

Even with hub 1 I should be able to reach 200mbps just fine right? 😞

Yes it likely could but VM ruled no so downgrade to 100Mb and put up a fight staying with SH1 or go with the hub 3 which should be fine in modem mode.

0 Kudos