Menu
jjwe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

broadband

slow broadband. my speed this morning is currently 2.94 download and 0.96 upload. on 100mbs service . now i don' expect to get 100mbs what i am charged and pay for but i do expect at least 60mbs. The best i have ever had is 55mbs . whats happenned. am i being conned because i cannot even watch netflix anymore due to the crap speed. plus my tv through the v6 box pixelates all the time so we cant watch a hd channel because it even worse . when is virgin going to fix this. its not the first time i have had problrms. roll on december . i cannot do any worse by going elsewhere . should i receive a rebate for this poor service. i have photo'd the speed on the virgin speed site.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband

Have you measured the speeds over WiFi or ethernet cable?  Only wired tests are valid as WiFi is very variable.

If that's a wired test then post the downstream, upstream and router log from the Hub.

jjwe
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i have a photo. I dont know how to post it but what i said is accurate. Absolute rubbish service. Dont upgrade as that does no good and its what they want you to do to fix it. Pay more for a service they are being paid to provide that they haven't. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@jjwe wrote:

i have a photo. I dont know how to post it but what i said is accurate. Absolute rubbish service. Dont upgrade as that does no good and its what they want you to do to fix it. Pay more for a service they are being paid to provide that they haven't. 

Can you provide the answers to the questions asked above?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Don't use a photo. Copy the data from the screen and paste it into your reply. 

If there is a problem with your feed it can be fixed, but just moaning won't get you any help. 

jjwe
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler
Moaning might not fix it ?? Thanks. Really constructive comment. Have you ever thought just how p.eed off i am with downloads of less than 5mbs. I havent got another day in my life to waste on the merry go round of virgin non service. They dont care. They just want ypur money. 
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@jjwe wrote:
Spoiler
Moaning might not fix it ?? Thanks. Really constructive comment. Have you ever thought just how p.eed off i am with downloads of less than 5mbs. I havent got another day in my life to waste on the merry go round of virgin non service. They dont care. They just want ypur money. 

Any chance of answering the questions put to you then?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
jjwe
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There seems to be a lot of armchair experts on this community. The world is full of experts. Pity virgin can't employ one to give me a decent broadband. Looks like i a. Going back to writing letters 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@jjwe wrote:

There seems to be a lot of armchair experts on this community. The world is full of experts. Pity virgin can't employ one to give me a decent broadband. Looks like i a. Going back to writing letters 

And there’s a lot of people who post in a community support forum who just moan for no reason.

So, as already asked above;

“Have you measured the speeds over WiFi or ethernet cable?  Only wired tests are valid as WiFi is very variable.

If that's a wired test then post the downstream, upstream and router log from the Hub.”

0 Kudos