Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

broadband speeds very low

Hi, can anyone help with my broadband speeds? I'm supposed to have 110 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload, but since April I've been getting between 0.1 and 1 Mbps upload speed during the day.

There is nowhere to report such an issue and whenever I tried contacting Virgin live chat or phone support they told me to check 'Service Status', restart hub, reset hub to factory settings, and so on.

I've tried all those things with no effect. And given that the speed drop happens only during the day it's a clear indicator that there's no fault with my equipment.

Sunday evenings are the worst. This Sunday I've had the first drop in download speed, to 7 Mbps from 110 Mbps. Weren't we supposed to have some guaranteed speeds? I believe it was 50% of what's advertised.

I would really like to have a fix for this issue, it's been going on for 3 months and it's really frustrating to pay 100% of the bill when I'm only getting <10% of the service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband speeds very low

Good Morning stanleyipkis!

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that you've been having issues with your broadband connection. 

I've looked into your account and can see that High Utilisation has been marked in your area;

Description:DS/US - 409 - High Utilsation Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services

are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing

Remedy Number: F008189623  

Status:Our engineer is on site and they're working to fix the problem

Date Open:02 JUL 2020 11:13

Estimated end date:12 AUG 2020 11:15

Customer statement:We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times) will be resolved.

We apologise for any inconveniences this is causing you and we'll seek to have this resolved as soon as we possibly can

Kindest regards,

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you David for this. I understand what the struggles are.

However, we can all agree that there is a reduction of service for the months April - August, therefore I am requesting that I only pay for the service offered, which is 10% at the moment.

Can you escalate this to the proper team so I can get a 90% reduction of my bill for 4 months? I cannot pay full price for 4 months and only get a fraction of the service. I think it makes sense, doesn't it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That's not how it works.

Compensation is only for a total loss of service, not intermittent loss or low speeds, and not caused by outages.

Also it is only applicable once the fault has been resolved and rectified.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

This is why speeds are advertised as "up to" speeds as well...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos