Menu
offshore
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

broadband speed issues - intermittent

HI All, any advice and help much appreciated. 

Issues for long period of time with Broadband speed normally with problems around peak times of day - i.e. 10am-4pm with afternoon worse. Main issue for us is video conference calls being terribly poor - Teams or Zoom. 

speeds of 1mb upload and download. Had engineer out he altered something external to the property with no resolution and then new hub last week but still having issues. 

I keep feeling this is simply a problem locally with bandwidth availability rather than equipment. I have tried wired and wireless connections still the same. I have data from BQM

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/84f96bf8c47871148e879e0c4d6f1b895e... 

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: broadband speed issues - intermittent

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting the area. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

Your BQM Link doesn't work.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
offshore
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/1c29ec8471fb353cfdf3397614e799f00d... 

Hi Thanks for the response. Hopefully I have followed the right path now!

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @offshore

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post and for popping back with your updated BQM. I was sorry that you're having some intermittent speed issues currently. 

I've been able to locate your account from your Forum information and can see that it's been almost 3 weeks since your Hub was rebooted. We have no known area issues listed for your region - no local bandwidth issues reported. There are minimal errors showing - would be good to see if they remain or return after a reboot but they're nothing to be concerned about at the low level we can see. 

Your signal levels are well within the parameters we would expect for your package and equipment - no issues that we can see there at all from this end and your BQM is not giving any concern.

However, when checking your connected devices, we can see 2 devices that are too close to the hub. As they're connected to the WiFi, they are using up valuable bandwidth which could be contributing to your issue. They may be better either connected via Ethernet or moved away from the Hub. 

You also have quite a lot of devices all connected at once for the package you subscribe to with 8 devices all connected via Ethernet not to mention the WiFi devices. It might be worth checking all the devices you have connected and seeing if they are as happy as they should be and if they need to be connected all the time. 

If you're still having issues, pop back after a reboot and we'll take a closer look. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos